Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Reading the Instruction Manual

So, today I opened the instruction booklet for my point in shoot for the FIRST time. I learned so much! I had no idea that my camera was capable of doing so many things that my SLR can do. I can't wait to try some of the new things I've learned. The timer allows me to take up to 10 shots on timer! I never knew! I can also change the "face" focus to a center focusing point, where I can then lock it on the iris of my subject's eye before composing the shot. \

It's amazing how much one can learn from reading the instruction booklet. I'll learn even more once I practice the instructions. Hopefully we'll all learn new and helpful things about our cameras.

I've set up a Shutterfly site for our class. It's an easy place for all of us to post our "homework" assignments and add comments each week. I'll use this blog for comments and thoughts, but use the shutterfly site for photo posting and comments regarding class.

Our first assignment will be a self-portrait using your timer. This will help us all get acquainted AND get to know our camera. More about this assignment on our first night of class.

http://fishersphotographyclass.shutterfly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment